Tuesday, April 10, 2012

E is for Education

The University of Michigan is known for its education programs as much as its sports. While I grew up a fan of Wolverine football, I was also attracted to U of M for its academics. In fact it was one of my top choices for college. Unfortunately, I just couldn't hack the hefty tuition. I didn't want to do a bunch of loans that would take forever to pay off. I could have qualified for numerous scholarships, but unfortunately couldn't take my SATs and ACTs until senior year of high school. I had missed the PSATs because I decided to be an exchange student during the fall of my junior year. And then I had mono three times. Needless to say, taking exams fell on the back burner.

The University of Michigan was fortunate enough to gain some of my good high school friends as students. One or two even ended up joining the faculty there. And one of my friends went to that school to the south and then converted to the Maize & Blue to teach.

What else is intriguing is the amount of research that they do into a variety of areas. I love to watch a documentary or a news report and to see, "The University of Michigan has found...." I also like their University Press and love how they have preserved many Montessori writings from 90 years ago.

Check out more of their current research here.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to find you and thanks for visiting my blog. You have a lot of blogs! Any you eecially would like some attention paid to? Need to go get my J up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to finish the Challenge on this blog? We're trying to clean out the inactive blogs.

    Thanks


    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the hardest one for me to write. I am struggling with it. I have posts for other letters and am trying to figure out some for the others. Hoping to catch up soon after being sick. Thanks!

      Delete